Best placement of advertisements in classic pages
A classic page may be described by:
- A heading banner at top.
- A sidebar at left of right.
- A body in the middle for the article.
- And optionally a footer at bottom, for copyright or legal infos.
Body / Rectangle
The best placements
The simpler placement is at top a 728 or 468 width unit of contextual ads,
below the banner and above the title. However these ads are often ignored
According to Inside Adsense a better placement is
- a leaderboard below the title when the text is long, plus
- inside the body of the article a 300 x 250 pixels width rectangle.
If the article is short, a 300 x 250 rectangle at the beginning of the text is enough.
These placements are very payful.